Saturday, July 12, 2008

Little shark, big shark

We were not the only ones who spent the night at the Myrtle Beach Walmart last night. We had a few neighbors. There was at least one class A, one class C, a vandweller, and a tent. Yes, believe it or not, there was a tent in the parking lot. We would have taken a picture to show you, but we decided to respect their privacy.

Driving along we saw a billboard for the new Hard Rock Park and decided to go check it out. Turns out parking is $10 and admission to the park is $45 per person. We asked the helpful attendant if there were any free areas and she said no, so we decided to leave. We took some pictures of the park as we left, including a picture of their gigantic guitar (see slideshow at the bottom of this page).

Then we headed to the beach. The main drag there is called Ocean Blvd. It has miles and miles of stores, souvenir shops, restaurants, adventure places, and water parks … and in between you can still see the ocean.

After driving around and getting a feel for the place, we stopped at the local park where there was an artist show going on. We left there and headed to the local campground because we needed to refill our propane tank and our freshwater tank.

This campground is a KOA and is only about three miles from the beach. It is a very nice campground for families with children. It has a pretty big pool, a clean laundry room, and a rec room with video games and a pool table. They also have a huge children’s jumping bubble and a water park. The sites are not too crowded, even though you are next to each other it seems like you have elbow room.

We filled up Bella's tanks and now we were ready to hit the beach.

We found an awesome spot next to the pier on Second Avenue. We decided to visit the pier. It cost a dollar per person to walk on the pier but it was well worth it. We went all the way to the end of the pier and sat down to watch people fishing.

We witnessed one pretty big shark, two little sharks, and two stingrays being caught. All were thrown back. Afterwards we walked back towards the front of the pier and decided to eat at the pier restaurant called Big Daddy’s. We sat outside so we were still able to take in all the sights and sounds of the beach, and also be able to people watch. We had a Caesar salad and split a cheeseburger.

We left the restaurant and went back to Bella with our bellies full and our spirits high. It was an awesome day today.

No comments:

Post a Comment